Tree safety evaluation software
Mobile tree stability evaluation – even without diagnostic devices
Software for determination and comparative evaluation of:
- Tree wind load and the safety effect of reduction pruning
- Stability reduction by deteriorations in trunk/branch cross-sections
- Tipping-stability reduction by root decay and/or trenching
- Available in different languages (German, English, French, Russian)
- Combines ArWiLo™ and ArboMech™ with comparative safety-balancing based on cross-section condition and wind-load (reduction).
ArboStApp provides arborists and experts with a tool allowing the determination of strength loss due to structural defects in the cross sections of stems and branches and anchorage plate losses in relation to canopy size and expected wind-loads. In addition, the application enables evaluation of load reduction by crown reduction pruning to further achieve higher safety in damaged trees. The inputs are based on the users visual observations rather than diagnostic instruments but enable accurate (if not as precise) estimations of safety which are sufficient for many tree assessment purposes. However, the precision of the evaluation can be increased by putting in results from proper sonic tomography or resistance drilling with density-calibrated devices.
Typical working Steps
Mark crown border
Set stem base point x
Put in tree height
Note tree ID / data
Calculate wind load
Adapt (wind/site) parameters
Draw cross section (intact and deteriorated parts)
Draw root plate (intact and deteriorated parts)
Define safety levels
If required draw crown reduction pruning cuts until sufficient safety is achieved
Save data record.